1.17.2008

Thunder Cats

Aged. Not necessarily wiser just older.
Women. Chismosa na women
To refer to three women of this jungle


Ace is curious.

When I was sent out in the jungle, I never thought I'd come out this strong.

There were wild animals out there. Tigers, foxes, lions, pigs, alligators and snakes. Big and frightening wild animals. But my initial fear came after I met the Thunder Cats.

They're the star. They always want to be the star of this jungle. Always wanting to get the attention. Always setting the rules. They always talked about me. Or at least asked about me from other people. I wonder what interests them so much about my life.

At that time, I was like a child who wanted to be loved by everything and everyone around me. And so I thought I needed their appreciation. I thought I wanted them to appreciate and recognize me.

But thank God, their true colors showed.

The thunder cats are the worst creatures there are in the Queen's jungle.

They hate the Eel (pronounced as "ail") because she knows all the stories. While they, only feast on leftovers.

They abhor pretty cats, and other animals in the jungle. Simply because they are old. And they aged ungracefully.
Having the same denominator I guess- they are either widowed, separated, annulled, or second partners. They don't have happy lovelives.

Poor, poor thunder cats.

They hate me too.
But they loved to talk about me and my love life. Maybe because they envy me. Hahaha.

They hate me because I never tried to please them even as I thought I needed their nod.
I simply wasn't raised to please other people just so I am appreciated.

But there are times the thunder cats win over me. Just like today and last tuesday. Well, it's a really small world.
And one way or the other I would need them in this Queen's jungle-- sabi nga nila, gamitan lang yan.

At marunong din ako nun.

But unlike any other, nevertheless I walk with my head up high.

Kasi ako, sa trabaho lang ako gagamit. Hindi ako plastic sa lahat ng oras.

The Thunder Cats are the loud elder women of this Queen's jungle.

One is simply loud and ugly.
One has a long hair. She's also ugly.
And one is pretending to be nice with the TV world, but she's old enough to jive with them.

Sorry I can't describe them further for the lack of things to say.

They are the thunder cats I love. Because they make me smile all the time.

I smile at their misfortunes. I smile at their invented stories. I smile at their seemingly unfortunate lovelives.

I smile, because they hate me.

And whoever hates, loses. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.