1.16.2008

Happyness

Lately, I've been asking, am I really happy at what I do? Is this the job that I really want? Are there any other options?

Of course there are, you'd say. Life is full of opportunities waiting to happen, there are options everywhere. Maybe you'd say, it's just up for me to really look around, see for myself and take the plunge.

I have often encountered that feeling when I'm just too tired to get up to go to work. Sometimes I feel my passion has changed, maybe it's not anymore news. Or maybe I'm no longer driven by the challenge of covering news events.

In the other arenas of my life, I am happy. My family, my friends, my lovelife, and everything else except for my career-- I have doubts.

Maybe because it's not just about getting the job that you want that really matters. Maybe it's the longing for a more friendly and hospitable environment at work- a more conducive environment for growth, or more room for professionalism.

I don't have misgivings about the job that I have now. I know it's a lot of other people's dream to be where I am now- so like Powee always says, I should appreciate this and be grateful I am here.

But really, am I happy to be here?

I guess not. I miss those days when I can just enjoy this work and not worry.

Oh well, maybe the pressure comes from the fact that I am working for one of the country's top tv stations.

Anyway, I came here to work and earn money. I'll try to enjoy it for now.

My passion can come again later.

No comments: